Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Former Things


So many are still holding on to how terrible they were yesterday.
So many are still holding on to how good and obedient they were yesterday. 
So many people are using their past good deeds to validate the wrong things that they are doing now. 
So many people are living in this state; “I used to be a good person, I have done so many mistakes” 
So many men are living in this state;” I used to be a good husband, I used to treat her well” 
Well it is time you come out of that small box of how things used to be and agree with our God.  Dwelling on the past is destroying so many people. Please don’t let this happen to you. Guilt and condemnation makes us prisoners of the past.
Live the moment of now just like our God. We serve a right now God…. He is called the great I am…. Not the great I was, or the great I am going to be… but the great I am….. He is a right now God...

God says in Isaiah 43:18-19 “Forget the former things;   do not dwell on the past. See I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
The Lord was so clear on this one…. Just forget the former things… bad or good.. Whatever thing that is in your past let it go.
Forget how holy and powerful you were yesterday
Forget how bad and miserable you were yesterday

Isaiah 42:8-9 “I am the Lord, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, Nor My praise to [a]graven images. “Behold, the former things have come to pass,
Now I declare new things; Before they spring forth I proclaim them to you.”
 What matters to God is what you choose to do now. Your yesterday’s obedience don’t count, your past mistakes don’t count at all but this moment of #NOW 
Leave the past behind you that is where it belongs! When Jesus forgives us He does not remember our sins.....
We can’t do anything about what could have been, but what will be is definitely in our hands... Forget the former things and live the moment of now. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!